If you have ever thought about getting flood insurance, you may have wondered whether you really need it. Many people believe that they don’t because their area doesn’t flood often. However, it’s a good idea for everyone to have this insurance in case the worst should happen. A flood can destroy a home, so it’s never good to be without it. If you have questions about flood insurance, you can give us a call at Ashley Insurance in Easton, MD.
Flood Insurance Coverage
Floods are one of the most destructive forces on Earth. They can and do destroy homes completely. Even when they don’t, they can cause a lot of very expensive damage that will require repairs. When you have flood insurance, it pays for things like water removal, mold inspections, and damaged building materials and possessions.
There are certain areas that are designated as flood zones because they have regular floods at certain intervals such as 10 years or 50 years, etc. When there are claims for flood damage, only about 80% of them come from these flood zones. The other 20% came from outside them. That makes it important for everyone to have this essential insurance.
Flood Insurance Backing
A government program called the National Flood Insurance Program handles flood insurance. It provides backing for the insurance claims, and it takes care of the administration of this insurance type. It also keeps the price of this insurance type constant. So, no matter where you go to buy this insurance policy, the price will be exactly the same. That makes it easier to get this insurance and make sure that you’re protected.
Get Flood Insurance
When your home isn’t protected by flood insurance, it’s time to get a policy of your own. To get started, call us at Ashley Insurance serving Easton, MD and surrounding areas.