Do you love boating during the summer months? Do you have a boat or are you considering the purchase of one? If so, make sure you protect yourself and your loved ones with boat insurance. If you live in or near Easton, MD area, Ashley Insurance can provide you with the coverage you need.
You may wonder why you should insure your boat year-round, rather than during the summer months only. Basically, it may be more expensive to just insure it during the boating season.
Here are some reasons to keep your boat insured year-round:
- It may be required. If your boat is financed, it is required by lenders to carry insurance year-round. Their investment needs to be protected during the off-season as well.
- Risk exists out of the water as well. Boat insurance should offer protection from theft, fire, and vandalism, which can happen all year round. These events can occur more likely during the winter months when boatyards are unattended.
- Even though your boat is in storage, it is still vulnerable to damage from natural disasters such as flooding, fire, and weather events. Having insurance coverage for your boat can prevent you from a huge loss.
- Your homeowner’s policy covers damage to your boat while it is on your property. The amount of coverage offered is less than what you would receive with a boat insurance policy. Boat insurance typically covers:
- Collision damage – covers replacement or repair of your boat in the event of a collision.
- Property damage liability – covers damage to someone else’s boat, dock, or other related structures or property.
- Bodily injury liability – this covers you in the event you injure another person in a boating accident and are being sued.
- Comprehensive – covers you if your boat is stolen, damaged, or vandalized in an event other than a collision.
- Canceling your boat coverage during the winter months and then starting it again before the boating season can be more costly than carrying it all year. Most insurance companies will reward their customers with a reduced deductible for each claim-free year. If a claim is made, you will end up paying the full amount of your deductible. Loyalty discounts are often given for maintaining your coverage and renewing annually.
Get The Right Coverage Today
If you live in or around the Easton, MD area, contact Ashley Insurance and start protecting your boat today.